We are on a mission to change the European mortgage landscape!
We did the research and borrowers are spending countless days sending documents, filling out forms and having phone calls with their broker or lender not knowing whether they will eventually get the loan. If you know there are 7 million mortgages closed in Europe every year, that’s a lot of phone calls, emails, and lost time…
With Oper, we are tackling this. We are a product-first company that provides lenders and mortgage brokers with an innovative SaaS solution to streamline their processes. In our first 2 years, we onboarded clients in 3 different countries, participated in 2 prestigious fintech-accelerator programs in London and Zurich, and raised capital from top-tier Fintech investors. Putting ourselves on track to reach our ambitions.
Currently, we have offices in Zürich (CH) and Antwerp (BE). Yes, we are taking Europe by storm.
About the Job
As a product manager, you will be responsible to grow and scale our platform for European domination. What you will do:
- You are the customers’ and the users’ voice within our company
- You lead discovery efforts to deeply understand the industry and different segments of the market
- You uncover the market’s greatest pain points and turn them into scalable product solutions
- You can work independently and are comfortable taking complete ownership of end to end feature delivery
- You collaborate with engineers and designers to find the best possible solutions
- You use techniques such as prototyping, user research and data analysis to make decisions
- You structure business processes of our client personas and find ways to improve them
- You identify, track and analyse key product success metrics to ensure the product is achieving company goals
What you will bring
- You have 3 – 5 years of working experience in product management, business analysis,…
- You have experience in product development methodologies from discovery, to delivering detailed specifications to providing support during development and product acceptance testing
- You are highly analytical and love technology
- You allocate resources on the highest value opportunities and can back up your decisions with data
- You know how to communicate ideas and opinions effectively, and you can navigate and align multiple stakeholders. You feel confident in having technical conversations with engineering team members
- You get an enormous amount of energy and motivation of taking ownership and transforming your ideas into actual projects
- You know how to discover the right problems to focus on and how to validate the possible solutions
- You have strong empathy for customers and an unwillingness to compromise on user-centred design
- Your favourite word is ‘Why’ and you are comfortable with healthy debate
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and you are able to adapt your communication style to work well with people from around the world who may not share your native language
- You have experience working in a relevant industry (financial services) and thrive in a startup environment
- You are interested in the European mortgage market
- You have product design skills (e.g. Sketch, Figma,…)
- You speak, write and understand (Swiss) German very well.
What do we offer
We are a young and fast-growing company with a strong ambition to change an old and slow-changing industry.
To realize this, we’re building a stellar team in which you will be challenged tremendously and where you will work with a high level of autonomy. Apart from having the independence to move the needle and make an impact, you’ll be surrounded by an open team that is there to support you along the way. We like to have a laugh, play games & do sports together. With 7 nationalities and 6 different mother tongues, you’ll be exposed to a close-knit diverse set of minds.
Our hybrid remote set up with offices in Antwerp and Zürich provides us with the flexibility of coming together when we want to while catering for every individual life-style.
Our financial offer will be based on the market standards for early employees in a young (Fin)Tech Company (Michael Page / Glassdoor benchmarked) and will include extralegal benefits based on the legal framework of your location.