Oper is looking for Engineering Interns to work on critical path projects that will help transition our current product to a mass-market SaaS platform changing the Financial Service industry.
This is a great opportunity to work with and learn from a kick-ass fast, engineering team.
Location: Zürich, Switzerland or Antwerp, Belgium
What are we looking for?
- A rising star to join us for a kick-ass engineering internship!
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
- You have extensive programming skills with a proficiency in one or more of: AngularJS, React, Python.
- You are a believer in continuous learning and improvement and you are not afraid to make mistakes to achieve great results.
- You are an evangelist of a clean code base and deploy best-practices on testing, debugging and automation techniques.
- You have a positive attitude, proactive in seeking additional work, and strong initiative.
- You get exposure in using cloud services and Unix/Linux, e.g. AWS, GCP4
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as XXX.
- You have a desire to tackle complex analytical and algorithmic challenges
- You have the ability to work transparently in a diversified team, coupled with a strong sense of ownership7.
- You have research skills matched with a passion for problem-solving.
What will be your role?
- You will take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core front or backend features, end-to-end.
- You’ll solve complex product and engineering challenges alongside the core team.
- You’ll gain work experience in Agile software development processes
- You’ll write well designed, factored, and tested code.
- Whereas if you are a backend aficionado, you will:
- Architect, optimize and scale complex systems like our database engine and APIs.
- Develop new modules and maintain existing code.
- Work with our Machine Learning and Frontend engineers to ensure integration and up-keep of all API’s
- If front-end is more your thing you will be:
- Taking and working on Photoshop/Sketch designs and bring them to life in code
- Translating requirements and mockups to build a fully functioning website and platform
- Open to taking on existing projects and adding to the functionality
The most fun engineering internship you will ever come across!
You have a really strong team that will do everything to give you all the back-up and support that you need!
You are working in a kick-ass working environment in the city center of Antwerp or in Zurich. Which stimulates your creativity!
We are always interested in your opinion!
No day is ever the same, so you will never be bored!
You can participate in events and teambuilding because there is no better way to get to know your colleagues!